On 17/03/2011 6:41 PM, Pavel Sanda wrote:
P??vel Nicklasson wrote:
I have encountered a problem when trying to convert some files. In
documents with several languages with the sidecaptions module activated do
not work in LyX 2RC1. It is a regression from LyX 1.6 there the documents
work.

i guess that sidecaptions module is not converted to lyx 2 format or something
like this (we do not provide this module officially iirc).

pavel

I'm not sure why but LyX 2 adds a bunch of lines to the preamble that look like this one:

\addto\captionsbritish{\renewcommand{\SCfigurename}{Figure (side caption)}}

In short, it's trying to redefine the macro \SCfigurename, but this macro isn't defined in the first place. I fixed it by defining it in the module, with the line

\let\SCfigurename\figurename

Please give it a try.

http://www.physics.utoronto.ca/~jrioux/resources/lyx/#custom

--