On 03/21/2011 08:00 PM, Patrick Li wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am a complete beginner to Lyx and am enjoying it immensely. I have
typesetted a page of math with it using the eqnarray environment, and
now the equations are too long and are flowing off the page. However,
there is still lots of space on the left hand side of the page. The
reason the equations run off the page is because Lyx insists on placing
the = sign in the center of the page. What can I do to get Lyx to move
all my equations to the left a bit?

I presume that at least one line in the eqnarray environment on the left-hand side has some expression there. For all lines in that multi-line environment, the = signs will be aligned to allow enough for that LHS. You could re-write that left-hand side to shorten it, or maybe arrange things like:

        = B
        = C

instead. BTW, unless something else is going on, this is a TeX issue, not LyX.

--

David L. Johnson

Deserves death!  I daresay he does.  Many that live deserve death.
And some that die deserve life.  Can you give it to them?  Then do not
be too eager to deal out death in judgement.
                -- J. R. R. Tolkein