Dear all
I think this is a very good idea.

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 4:51 PM, Rob Oakes <lyx-de...@oak-tree.us> wrote:
> 4.) It seems that there are people willing to help promote/evangelize LyX,
> but I'm not sure we offer much in the way of promotional materials to help.
> Would it be worthwhile to create a limited number of tutorials for people,
> like Venom, who will be holding seminars or workshops? (I've also thought
> about teaching a design workshop through my local library, and these
> materials would help provide a curriculum.)

I will be holding a workshop on LyX to graduate types at my university
and I'm not very sure where from to begin. Some ready materials
(slides on the advantages of LyX/LaTeX over MS Word and the hord, step
by step tutorials for creating your first document in LyX, using
bibliography and fancier features) would be of enormous help.

At the moment I plan to start with the 'Help > Documentation' in
preparing my tutorial. Perhaps some of you have already passed through
this experience and have some materials readily available? If so,
please post them here.

Regards
Liviu