Hi to the most helpful users-list I know,

I am using memoir to print a book, with a wide margin for graphics.

As I don't need this wide empty margin when printing pagenotes,

I need to change margins for the page notes at the end of each chapter.

I can do this with the preamble code:

 \newenvironment{changemargin}[2]{%

\begin{list}{}{%

\setlength{\leftmargin}{#1}%

\setlength{\rightmargin}{#2}}%

\item[]}{\end{list}}

 Then in ERT in the text:

\clearpage

\begin{changemargin}{0cm}{-2.8cm}

\printpagenotes*

\end{changemargin}

 Since some page notes run for two pages, I need to cope with recto and
verso pages, whereas the above values need to be set up for one or the
other.

I have tried innermargin & outermargin or spinemargin & edgemargin with no
recognition.

Do I need to use Boolean programing (ifrecto or ifverso) to handle this
switching of margins, or does memoir have a simpler way?

I would greatly appreciate advice on this one.

Cheers, George Legge