On Thursday 12 May 2011 21:17:19 Richard Heck wrote:
> On 05/12/2011 07:54 PM, BH wrote:
> > LyX depends on the efforts of volunteers --volunteers whose
> > patience is sorely tested by sarcasm and vague demands for help
> > or improvement.
>
> Amen to that.
>
> rh

Double Amen.

If a person is that mad about LyX, he should do one of these things:

1) Fork the project and do a better job.

2) Do what I did when I was mad at LyX and try to write equivalent
software using an outliner and a bunch of Lua scripts.

3) Pay through the nose for an inferior commercial product,have to do
license tracking, and hope they give better (or even as good) tech
support than the LyX crew has.

Nothing scientific, but on projects I'm involved with it seems like
more and more people are saying "I can't write code, but please do
this <you fill in the major job> for me."

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package
http://www.recession-relief.US