>>Thanks so much for the prompt reply. But I was unable to add it (Theorems
>>(AMS,
>
>>Numbered by Type).) from left column to the right side to apply it. It seems
>>that it is not available.

You need to remove the "Theorems (AMS)" (or "Theorems") module before you can
add the "Theorems (AMS, Numbered by Type)" one.

Note that numbering all theorems/lemmas/etc together is not a "problem", just a
matter of taste. (I certainly prefer it... it's annoying hunting for Lemma 15,
when all you know is that this page has Theorem 12 and Definition 18. Which way
do I look?)