On 23/05/2011 11:34 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Julien Rioux wrote:
I have two versions of a graphic, one is an eps the other a pdf. How can
I instruct LyX to use the eps version when compiling to DVI and the pdf
version when compiling to PDF (pdflatex)?

The usual trick in latex to omit file extension does not work here. LyX
displays "No file found!", DVI output shows a default 200px by 100px box
instead of the graphic, and PDF (pdflatex) output issues an error
message "Cannot determine size of graphic...".

LyX outputs the graphic insets to LaTeX without extension, so it should work
if you just insert either of the two formats, while both are stored in the
same directory and with the same file name.

Jürgen

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks, however when I use the pdf version in LyX, with the file name mangling that happens in the temp dir, and LyX issuing a pdf->eps convertion, the resulting eps used in the DVI is not the one I provide.

Right now I use

\usepackage{graphicx}

in the preamble and

\includegraphics{filename}

in ERT and this is a satisfactory workaround.

--
Julien