hello everyone

I am writing a thesis with lyx that consists of different parts which are divided into several sections etc.

I would like the first section of each part to start with 1.
without any interference of mine, the numbering would be continuous as in: part I, section 1, section 2; part II, section 3, sect 4 etc. I could help this by adding \setcounter{section}{1} after the first section of every part. Now it figures correctly in the Table of contents, also the subsections and following sections are numbered correctly. BUT the numbering of the first sections themselves within the text is all wrong. example: part I, section 1, section 2; part II, section 3, subsection 1.1, section 2, section 3 etc

any ideas how to mend this?

documentclass: article KOMA,  lyx version 1.6.8, OS win 7

thanks a lot!

Lisa