Liviu Andronic <landronimirc <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 4:33 AM, Jong Kook Shin <jongkookshin <at> hotmail.com>
wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to have high resolution images (300ppi?) of math equations when I
> > export my lyx files into html, which will ultimately be converted to MSword
> > file.
> > Currently, it seems that the math equations and other figures are converted
> > to 72ppi. For screen display, it works perfect but I need this ultimately
> > for printing. Googling or search the mailing archive did not find a
> > satisfactory solution to address this issue.
> >
> What about elyxer, have you tried that?
> Liviu
>
> > Just FYI, I tried exporting with many other formats - e.g. often recommended
> > open office or rtf, etc. But they did not produce satisfactory results.
> >
> > I would be much obliged if somebody can provide a hint to this issue.
> >
> > Best,
> > Jong

@Liviu///  Thanks for the suggestion. But I gave up elyxer because I couldn't
install in in my laptop (Windows 7 machine). Although I consider myself one of
the skilled users of windows computers, I was completely lost when I tried to
install elyxer and python stuff.

Then, my laptop became almost unusable after the bloody Windows 7 SP1 update.
For some reason, it started to ground my HDD constantly as if it caught a sort
of virus or something. (Before this update I had very good impression about
Windows 7 and my laptop).

So I switched to Ubuntu 11.04 with Lyx2.0

It came with two html export option (html and Lyxhtml) - It seems that one of
these two utilize elyxer but not sure which one is which.

The first export option (html) was not successful in producing the display
equations (all of them showed in '*')

The second export option (Lyxhtml) really worked!! It produced all details of
math expressions(integral, tilde, hat, etc) flawlessly. And they are all vector
graphics therefore can be scalable! The only problem left for me is to find a
way to convert xhtml to rtf or word or openoffice so that I can satisfy those
who want the bloody '.doc' files.

-Jong