On 03/06/11 13:25, Richard Heck wrote:
On 06/02/2011 07:35 PM, Peter Flynn wrote:
On 01/06/11 13:57, Richard Heck wrote:
How do I tell LyX that lists (for example; and much other stuff) is
permitted inside a Foo environment? Is there a setting or switch that
tells LyX to allow nested environments globally, or does it have to be
done on an environment by environment basis?

This is normal LyX behavior. If you want the list inside, then you need
to do Edit>Increase List Depth on the list items. You can do this when
you insert the list, and the rest will be correct. Think of this as a
nesting system.

There isn't an "Insert List Depth" item in my Edit menu, or anywhere
else that I can see (2.0.0rc3 under Ubuntu 11.4). Is this a plugin or
something I am missing?

You'll only have it after you insert a list of some sort, i.e., when
it's available to be used.

Hmmm. That's what I did: insert a list. But there's nothing in the Edit menu related to lists at that point. This is using a Beamer layout file: does that disable some of this stuff?

///Peter