On 06/04/2011 10:43 AM, Kotya Karapetyan wrote:
> On 4 June 2011 16:38, Richard Heck <rgh...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> On 06/03/2011 08:51 AM, Kotya Karapetyan wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am working on a document in a TrueCrypt volume. As far as I
>>> understand, when I view PDF, LyX puts a temporary PDF file (and
>>> probably all temporary pdflatex files) into some other folder (at
>>> least, I don't see them in the folder with the lyx-file). Can I change
>>> this? I would like all files, even those later deleted, to reside in a
>>> TrueCrypt folder.
>>>
>>> I have tried to remove the path in the Preferences/Paths/Temporary
>>> directory, but the PDF file still doesn't appear in the lyx-file
>>> folder.
>>>
>> If you want all files on the encrypted volume, then set the path for the
>> temporary directory to somewhere on that volume.
> I don't want this behaviour *always*. If I edit some other lyx-file,
> not this secret one, then the TrueCrypt volume may even not be
> mounted.
>
> Is there in LyX some parameter like the 'lyx-file location', so that
> the temporary folder could be specified with this parameter?

Not so far as I know. This is a pretty unusual situation, and LyX is
definitely not set up to use different temporary directories for
different files in the same session. You might try setting up a second
user directory, and launching Lyx with:
    lyx -userdir /home/you/.lyxcrypt/
when you need to do so.

Richard