Dear all,

Starting yesterday, the view function in Lyx suddenly stopped working. (It
was all fine before). It generates an error message that "Auto-view file
/.../file.pdf failed." No matter what type of file I tried, it generated the
same message. (For example, I would open a new Lyx document and type "hello
world!" and click "view" and the same error message would appear)

I've discovered that Lyx actually successfully generates the pdf file in its
temp directory, but it just fails to view it. I have even re-installed Lyx,
to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Relevant info:
Operating System: Win 7