Am 05.06.2011 19:53, schrieb Sølvi:

I have this big document (master document with lots of included douments)
that I have made in the "old" Lyx version. It is working fine in vs 1.6.9,
the only problem I can find is that I sometimes get ? instead of
references/cross-references when compiling rhe document to pdf.

This means that the subdocuments weren't processed correctly.

I'm have opened this document in Lyx 2.0.0 but I'm not able to compile to
pdf. This is the error message I get:

Undefined control sequence:
...a$ phase. They state that the $\lyxmathsym

Can you isolate the problem by removing bit by bit the subdocuments from the master? Wehn doing this, do this with copies of your file!!! Don't change the original documents.

If you found the problematic subdocument, can you please send it?

thanks and regards
Uwe