On Jun 14, 2011, at 2:50 AM, Guenter Milde wrote:

On 2011-06-13, Bruce Pourciau wrote:

On 2011-06-10, Bruce Pourciau wrote:
At various spots within a document where paragraphs are separated
with indentation, I often have claims, propositions, laws, etc, which I
would like formatted flush left with some vertical space before and
after.

However, in your case you could consider to write a special Style for
your claims, propositions, laws ... that would take content and give
it the desired formatting.

Example:

Style Proposition
      LatexName proposition
      LatexType command
      ParSep            1
      NextNoIndent      1
      Preamble
            \providecommand{\proposition}[1]{\par
              \vskip 0.5\baselineskip
              \noindent #1
              \vskip 0.5\baselineskip
              \@afterindentfalse
              \@afterheading}
      EndPreamble
End

If the proposition (or ...) may contain more than one paragraph, the
Style should be defined as an environment and the second+ paragraphs
nested ...

See the section on new layouts in Help>Customization.

Günter

This is just what I need. I've saved it as a LyX module. Thank you. How do I get the separation to show up in LyX? I'm assuming the ParSep 1 won't make the separation show up, because for this article I have Indentation checked in Text Layout. Should I replace ParSep 1 with something else?

Bruce