On Jul 14, 2011, at 2:39 PM, Liviu Andronic wrote:

> Another source of documentation may be the templates and examples
> folders shipped with LyX. They will often contain templates for the
> various document classes available. Start with File > New from
> template.

Yes, I noticed that about the templates and have had them in mind, but I'd
forgotten about the examples. [Which is evident from the fact that I said it'd
be nice if there were some. Well there are!]

I just checked out the simplecv example. It is simple, and it looks like I
might be able to modify it into one type of document that I commonly create
without a great deal of difficult, i.e., into a template, not a new class.

In checking out parameters in document > settings it would be helpful if the
actual default values for the class were displayed instead of just "default."
To get them I guess I'll have to locate the original document class document.
[Or just see what effects changes have in LyX!]

Thanks,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net