To add packages to Lyx do the following:

1. Get the package you need from CTAN or by Googling it and copying the
   text file packagename.sty to the appropriate place (depending on
   your operating system: on my WINDOWS XP it is in:
   C:\texlive\2010\texmf-dist\tex\latex\titlesec and on Linux:
   /usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/titlesec
2. Update you Latex (on WINDOWS use the package manager of your Latex
   distribution with your Latex package manager (mpm for Miktex and
   tlmgr for Texlive); on Linux use: sudo texhash
3. Reconfigure Lyx: Tools/reconfigure

Enjoy!
EK