Hello,

I am a long-time LaTeX user and am interested in trying out LyX.  Today I
tried using LyX 1.6.7 which was part of the Fedora distribution I'm using
(I'm on an old version of Fedora, but am not sure how to find out which
version and my sys admin is out right now).  When I pulled up Lyx the first
time it scanned my system but did not create a LaTeXConfig.lyx file.  I
searched the web to see if anyone else had previously experienced this
problem but was unable to find anything, I also searched the LyX archives.
I assumed there was something wrong with my installation so downloaded and
installed LyX 2.0.0, again no LaTeXConfig.lyx file.  Any thoughts on what
could be wrong?  My LaTeX interpreter is, pdfTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.40.3
(Web2C 7.5.6).  I'm not sure what else would be useful.  Because I'm just
trying this out I have not subscribed to the lyx-users list so please reply
directly to me.

Thanks,

Shawn