On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Matthias Hunstig
<matthias.huns...@uni-paderborn.de> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> today, I installed LyX 2.0.1 using Uwe's installer
> (http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=5117&release_id=18767)
>  over my somewhat broken 2.0 installation
> (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.general/70495/focus=70618, main
> cause seems to be a problem with network drives and/or limited rights users
> in WinXP) in the hope that it might fix something.
>
> Unfortunately, things got worse instead. Pdflatex now runs infinitely long
> (not proven, but at least very long, i. e. over one hour for a one page
> document) in the background. Tex files are created in the temporary folder,
> but no pdf is created. Any idea why this might be and how it could be solved?
>
> To be honest, I am quite frustrated with LyX now. I love it when it works,
> but in the last weeks I spent more time fixing problems than actually writing
> in LyX. I just stumpled across Portable Lyx 2.0
> (http://portable-lyx.impossible-exil.info/). Maybe this is a solution for me
> and other people struggeling with installation problems.

Or you could try Cygwin (on Windows), or installing a Linux distro
such as Ubuntu in a Virtual Machine such as VMWare. This worked pretty
fine for me when I needed to use Windows, and sometimes it is less of
a hassle than getting an open-source thingy working on Windows. If you
install in a VMWare you need only very little knowledge about Linux.

I cannot help with your actual problem. Sorry
Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm