Thanks all who tried to help me with the compiling. I have given up for the time being and will wait until my son has time to help me (I am too old). I could not find zlib1g-dev under 'All' in synaptics.

I am now using my notebook for completing a paper in lyx. However, the lyx file from the pc tells me, the DesmodiumPaperF.lyx is from a newer LyX-Version, and the lyx2lyx-Script could not convert the document. The Lyx version of the PC was 2.2.2, the version of the notebook 2.0.0svn. I tried separately in a shell
lyx2lyx DesmodiumPaperF.lyx
bash: lyx2lyx: command not found. What can I do?