On 19.09.2011 08:10, Liviu Andronic wrote:
Hello
This is slightly off topic. I'm looking for a (decent) LaTeX symbol
that would display a box that contains a check mark. I looked into the
'The Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List' [1], but it only suggests
\CheckedBox in 'wasysym' and \Checkedbox in 'marvosym', both sloppy
executions (to my taste). I could use XeTeX and insert the Unicode
U+2611 ☑, which looks nice, but I'm not sure I'll be able to compile
my document in a Windows environment.

Hi,

Using the "normal" Palatino font, I can get the checkboxes (3 states of them) using the insert->special characters->symbols... (in the "miscellaneous symbols" category).

When using xetex/luatex (documents-> settings-> fonts), and choosing "Palatina Lynotype" font, they are replaced by a spiral in the pdf. Probably they are not available in that font, because they work fine with Deja Vu Sans.

Best regards.

Olivier.

(LyX 2.0.1, MikTeX 2.9 on windows 7)

Would you have some other suggestions? Regards
Liviu

[1] http://mirror.ctan.org/info/symbols/comprehensive/symbols-a4.pdf