Hi all,

I'm forwarding the experienced problems of a colleague of mine trying to use LyX 2.0.0 on a Mac -- I don't know whether these are known issues and have been fixed, or if it's useful to report them.

Bye,

    T.

When I open lyx v2.0 on my mac os 10.4, I get the following message:

"Lyx will only have minimum functionality because no textclasses have been found. You can either try to reconfigure Lyx normally, try to reconfigure without checking your Latex installation, or continue"

There are three options: reconfigure, without latex, and continue. No matter what I choose although I don't get any error messages, when Lyx starts the functions for compiling and viewing the pdf are disabled. Also, there are no options under Export.

I tried to google this problem, but couldn't find something relevant. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I still using mac os 10.4.

I didn't have this problem on my windows pc.

Anyway, after exporting the paper in lyx 1.6, I was able to compile it using the lyx 1.6 installation on my mac. However, when I tried to launch the spellchecker I received the following error message:

"The spellchecker could not be started. Lyx: Failed to start ispell!"