Thank you so much! Should have checked the options more carefully .. :)

-Joon

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 22:40:10 -0500, Liviu Andronic <landronim...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 5:31 AM, Joon Ro <joonp...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I don't know what is the terminology for this, but it would be great if LyX allows a document to scroll a little bit even though there is no lines. For

Try:
Tools > Prefs > Editing > Scroll below end of doc

Liviu

example, when I write down a document, I can comfortably type until the
number of lines increases and the cursor goes to the bottom of the screen.
At that stage, as long as I'm adding new lines, the cursor stays at the
bottom of the screen, and it is not comfortable for my eyes. I would want
LyX to scroll the document a little bit, so I can have the cursor at the
middle of the screen even though it is on the last line of the document.

Maybe LyX can maintain about a half page dummy gray area after end of the document so I can scroll a little bit. Now in order to do so I'm typing a lot of one character and enter to have some space shown under the cursor.

Hopefully this explains what I'm talking about.

-Joon