Am 01.10.2011 um 09:21 schrieb Mark:

> Hi,
>
> After upgrading to Lion I checked that my Lyx installation worked -
> no problem. Now when I try to run it,
> it fails with the "PowerPC applications not supported" error from
> Lion. I'm not sure what changed - don't
> remember checking Lyx 2.0.1 was ok when I downloaded it or
> maybe it was a Mac OS upgrade.
>
> I did searching on the web and here to see if anyone else had this
> problem and found:
>
> "It sounds to me like they are not using the unpack-and-run
> version. This problem has been around for a
> couple of years for OS X users who have not installed the Rosetta
> emulator that runs PPC code. Now that
> PPC emulation is no longer included in Lion, users who have
> upgraded will only be able to use unpack-
> and-run version, unless the development team upgrades the
> software they have been using to bundle up
> the application for installation on a Mac."

I don't know exactly what "unpack-and-run"-version of ELAN refers to
but I don't think LyX has anything comparable. It's just an application
ready to run on both intel and powerpc processors. I cannot tell how this
can fail on Lion. Especially since it did work on Lion already as you said.
I'm not sure what you did to check your LyX installation.

Do you have the LyX-2.0.0 disk image to check if it runs?

Stephan