Hi!

Does LyX support the Appendix package? My hunch is that lyx does not support this natively. Am I right?

I'm writing something (documentclass "book") that needs to have per-chapter appendices. So the last few sections in each chapter would be appendices. I've found that this can be done in LyX by:

1) \usepackage{appendix} in the preamble

2) Enclose the last sections of each chapter by ERT-s:

\begin{subappendix}

and

\end{subappendix}

This works beautifully. E.g. the first appendix in chapter 3 is denoted 3.A, which is great!

But is it possible for me to define some sort of function to do this in LyX without using ERT? I image some sort of box (looking similar to "lyx note"), in which I can put several Sections. The contents of this box would then be effectively enclosed in a subappendices environment as described above.

Is this something that can be done by defining those "custom insets" that are accessible from the "Insert" menu? Or by defining a "module", accessible from the Document settings?

Or is it possible to get per-chapter section appendices in a LyX book by some other, and perhaps simpler, method?

Thanks, and best regards
Torquil Sørensen