On 10/17/2011 11:27 AM, Bert Lloyd wrote:
On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 2:57 AM, Liviu Andronic<landronim...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 12:23 AM, Bert Lloyd<bert.lloyd...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Hello LyX users,

Is it possible to print a paper copy of a LyX document as it appears
onscreen, i.e. without exporting to PDF?

Have you tried File>  Print? Normally it prints the document as seen
in LyX, and usually people complain that the output is crap while we
point them to the PDF preview.

Regards
Liviu

When I try File>  Print, I get a popup menu titled "LyX: Print
Document," with Print Destination options of Printer: and File:

The Printer field is blank, and when I choose this option, dvips
starts, saying that it's working with a .dvi file.
Didn't LyX automatically run a configure script when it was first run? Maybe on Windows you don't see that. It failed to find a printer. But if you have a default printer on your computer, it should be able to find it. You might try Tools>Preferences>Output>Printer to see what it thinks is available (it probably thinks none is), and if there is a problem, run Tools>Reconfigure and see if it finds the printer.

--

David L. Johnson

You will say Christ saith this and the apostles say this; but what
canst thou say?
                -- George Fox.