Hello, I have been using LyX for while, I've prepared my thesis and I have a
problem with the index and the PDF file. I'll try to be as clear as possible
here.

-Things to know: I'm using Document type "article"

*Clarifying this with my real example *

In mi case with the two first chapters:

Chapter 1 (corresponding to "section") (Number on the left side)
1.1(corresponding to "subsection")
1.2(corresponding to "subsection")
1.3(corresponding to "subsection")
1.4(corresponding to "subsection")

Chapter 2 (corresponding to "section") (Number on the left side)
2.1(corresponding to "subsection")
2.2(corresponding to "subsection")
2.3(corresponding to "subsection")

When I insert "Section" for my chapters they show a number to the left side
when I render the file to PDF.
The subsections show the number as well beginning with number 1, then 1.1,
1.2 and on goes on...

Ok, now I know that's the right thing it should be happening. But, I don't
want the number on the left side of my chapter name, just for the
subsections.
I tried changing this to "Section*" but after that the new chapter
subsections appeared numbered as continuing the subsections from the last
chapter.
I mean:

Chapter 1 (corresponding to "section")
1.1(corresponding to "subsection")
1.2(corresponding to "subsection")
1.3(corresponding to "subsection")
1.4(corresponding to "subsection")

Chapter 2 (corresponding to "section*") (without number on the left side)
1.5(corresponding to "subsection")
1.6(corresponding to "subsection")
1.7(corresponding to "subsection")

*I don't want that either. I need this:*

Chapter 1 (corresponding to "section*") (without number on the left side)
1.1(corresponding to "subsection")
1.2(corresponding to "subsection")
1.3(corresponding to "subsection")
1.4(corresponding to "subsection")

Chaprter 2 (corresponding to "section*") (without number on the left side)
2.1(corresponding to "subsection")
2.2(corresponding to "subsection")
2.3(corresponding to "subsection")

I tried Inserting the code below after "Section" and before "Subsection"

 \addtocounter{section}{1}

*That doesn't fix the issue either because the result in the PDF is *

Chapter 1 (corresponding to "section*") (without number on the left side)
1.1(corresponding to "subsection")
1.2(corresponding to "subsection")
1.3(corresponding to "subsection")
1.4(corresponding to "subsection")

Chapter 2 (corresponding to "section*") (without number on the left side)
2.5(corresponding to "subsection")
2.6(corresponding to "subsection")
2.7(corresponding to "subsection")

As you can see the subsection from chapter 2 continue counting after 4 and
not beginning from 1.

Besides that, in order for this to work I need obviously to change chapter 1
ans 2 to "section*" but inside the LyX interface appear
the subsections established as "subsection" with 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 ..... and on!

So I'm having 2 issues now with that crappy solutions that I tried.

Here you have some print screens of my thesis to clarify:

About the PDF problem counting from 4 in chapter 2:
http://howtoplaypianohq.com/sshot-1.jpg

About confusing LyX interface if I change the section to section*:
http://howtoplaypianohq.com/sshot-2.jpg

*So wrapping up, I need this:*

Chapter 1 (corresponding to "section*") (without number on the left side)
1.1(corresponding to "subsection")
1.2(corresponding to "subsection")
1.3(corresponding to "subsection")
1.4(corresponding to "subsection")

Chapter 2 (corresponding to "section*") (without number on the left side)
2.1(corresponding to "subsection")
2.2(corresponding to "subsection")
2.3(corresponding to "subsection")

Please help me with this. Maybe it sound like a dummy thing but it's
critical for me...
Thank you in advance!

*Kenedy Torcatt* *Trainer**, Kenfitness*
Tel: (0426) 363-5368| Personal: (0282) 555-5555
http://kenfitnes.com| http://kenfitnes.com/es
[image: Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/ktorcatt> [image:
Flickr]<http://www.flickr.com/photos/65940670@N03/>
Contact me: [image: Google Talk] yde...@gmail.com [image: Skype]