On 10/25/11 at 09:07am, Paul Clist wrote:

> Thanks for that. I can see this works if I export to tex and then change it
> manualy before compiling- is there a way to do this once and fix it? I can't
> see the line \usepackage{harvard} in the aea.cls and I don't know enough
> about lyx/latex to work out where it is getting this command from.

Yes, lyx has a .layout file for each class it recognises, and that's where the
usepackage line is.

In a (or at any rate my) linux installation these layouts are in
/usr/share/lyx/layouts. You need to comment the lines;

Preamble
        \usepackage{harvard}
EndPreamble

in the AEA.layout file in that folder. After that, in LyX, do Tools >
Reconfigure and restart LyX. That should be all,
I think.

Cheers,
Manolo