On 31/10/11 06:17, stephen's mailinglist account wrote:
> On 25 October 2011 17:22, Rob Oakes <rob.oa...@oak-tree.us> wrote:
>
>> Are there any good beginner video tutorials that cover LyX? I followed most
>> of the discussion, but wasn't sure if a consensus emerged. Nor was it really
>> clear if this was a resource that we should invest time in creating.
>>
>> I know that there are several very good guides. Liviu created one which I
>> skimmed, and we have the official documentation (which is excellent); and
>> these are fantastic for users who have already decided to use the program.
>>
>> However, I'm wondering if it might be worthwhile to also create a series of
>> short videos that might also be used for promotion, training, etc. This
>> series could certainly be aimed at helping current users, but I'm also
>> thinking that beginner videos which show how LyX works might be good for
>> brand new users who need a reason to try it out.  Something perhaps along
>> the lines of what Apple has done with their iWork Suite [1]
>>

>> 1.) Installation and Setup
>> 2.) The UI and Productively (LyX-Codes, Shortcuts, Styles)
>> 3.) Bibliographies and Automatically Generated Lists
>> 4.) Using Sweave and Other Advanced Features
>> 5.) Going from Outline to Draft (Outline Tools)
>>
>> Rob
>> _________________________
>>
> Have you any willing guinea pigs who would be prepared to use the
> existing help and tutorials whilst you sit in and you can learn from
> where they struggle?

Sorry i keep hitting reply and forget to include the cc to the list

I did write a very basic and short guide on using math mode to write
chemical formulae and

things like

CH
    4

    2+
Na

as in super / subscripts

and

1
1

Showing mass number / atomic number

will try and dig it out,   if anything something like that is useful for
school chemistry students,  I am sure there is a way to insert
/longarrow or similar and also put things on top of long arrow

e.g

catalyst
-------->
yeast

for example if you are writing about fermentation.

Paul