On 04/11/2011 5:48 AM, Murat Yildizoglu wrote:
Hello,

I am converting a pure latex beamer to a Lyx beamer file. I get a very
strange error that puzzles me. I have searched the net and tried different
things in the exported Latex file, but if I keep the bibliography, the
problem remains. I do not know where to search any more and calling on you,
hoping that you would have an idea about where to look.... I give the
corresponding elements below (follow the *** ).

**** The error I get:

] (./chap1intro-lyx.bbl

! LaTeX Error: \newblock undefined.

l.1 \begin{thebibliography}{3}

*** I can indeed see such instructions in the bbl file introduced by
Bibtex. I have choosen Natbib (author-year,plainat) in Lyx as the
bibliography style.

\begin{thebibliography}{3}

\providecommand{\natexlab}[1]{#1}

\providecommand{\url}[1]{\texttt{#1}}

\expandafter\ifx\csname urlstyle\endcsname\relax

   \providecommand{\doi}[1]{doi: #1}\else

   \providecommand{\doi}{doi: \begingroup \urlstyle{rm}\Url}\fi

\bibitem[Binmore(1999)]{Binmore99}

Ken Binmore.

\newblock \emph{Jeux et Th\'eorie Des Jeux}.

\newblock De Boeck Universit\'e, Bruxelles, 1999.

*** The bibliography line at the bottom of the Latex file :

\lyxframeend{}\lyxframe{Bibliographie}

\bibliographystyle{plainnat}

\bibliography{yildi,evol,biblio}

  \lyxframeend{}

\end{document}

*** My preamble contains the following declarations (exported to
Latex(pdflatex) from Lyx) :

%% LyX 2.0.1 created this file. For more info, see http://www.lyx.org/.

%% Do not edit unless you really know what you are doing.

\documentclass[french]{beamer}

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

\usepackage[latin9]{inputenc}

\setcounter{secnumdepth}{3}

\setcounter{tocdepth}{3}

\usepackage{color}

\usepackage{babel}

\addto\extrasfrench{%

\providecommand{\og}{\leavevmode\flqq~}%

\providecommand{\fg}{\ifdim\lastskip>\z@\unskip\fi~\frqq}%

}

\usepackage{amsmath}

\usepackage{amssymb}

\usepackage{graphicx}

\usepackage[authoryear]{natbib}

\ifx\hypersetup\undefined

\AtBeginDocument{%

\hypersetup{unicode=true,pdfusetitle,

bookmarks=true,bookmarksnumbered=false,bookmarksopen=false,

breaklinks=false,pdfborder={0 0 0},backref=false,colorlinks=true}

}

\else

\hypersetup{unicode=true,pdfusetitle,

bookmarks=true,bookmarksnumbered=false,bookmarksopen=false,

breaklinks=false,pdfborder={0 0 0},backref=false,colorlinks=true}

\fi

\makeatletter

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Textclass specific LaTeX commands.

% this default might be overridden by plain title style

\newcommand\makebeamertitle{\frame{\maketitle}}%

\AtBeginDocument{

\let\origtableofcontents=\tableofcontents

\def\tableofcontents{\@ifnextchar[{\origtableofcontents}{\gobbletableofcontents}}

\def\gobbletableofcontents#1{\origtableofcontents}

}

\usepackage{microtype}

\long\def\lyxframe#1{\@lyxframe#1\@lyxframestop}%

\def\@lyxframe{\@ifnextchar<{\@@lyxframe}{\@@lyxframe<*>}}%

\def\@@lyxframe<#1>{\@ifnextchar[{\@@@lyxframe<#1>}{\@@@lyxframe<#1>[]}}

\def\@@@lyxframe<#1>[{\@ifnextchar<{\@@@@@lyxframe<#1>[}{\@@@@lyxframe<#1>[<*>][}}

\def\@@@@@lyxframe<#1>[#2]{\@ifnextchar[{\@@@@lyxframe<#1>[#2]}{\@@@@lyxframe<#1>[#2][]}}

\long\def\@@@@lyxframe<#1>[#2][#3]#4\@lyxframestop#5\lyxframeend{%

\frame<#1>[#2][#3]{\frametitle{#4}#5}}

\def\lyxframeend{} % In case there is a superfluous frame end

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% User specified LaTeX commands.

Hi,

If I remember correctly I think \newblock is usually defined by the BibTeX style file (.bst file) just like \url, \doi, etc. If that's right then you're seeing a bug in that style file.

You can quickly fix it by defining this command yourself in the preamble of your document.

--
Julien