On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 6:47 PM, Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Nov 2011, Liviu Andronic wrote:
>
>> Could you post to the list a minimal LyX file exhibiting this issue?
>
> Liviu,
>
>  Done. Here's your copy.

I've played a bit and I'm not sure what exactly is wrong, however two points:
- the labels are usually put within the caption (at least this is what I do)
- the issue is clearly with
\numberwithin{figure}{section}
\numberwithin{table}{section}

I tried adding
\numberwithin{figure}{chapter}
\numberwithin{table}{chapter}
\numberwithin{figure}{part}
\numberwithin{table}{part}

and the results differ. Maybe this is what you want. Otherwise, you
can do this manually by resetting the counters. See [1] and [2].

Regards
Liviu

[1] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Advanced_Topics
[2] http://www.personal.ceu.hu/tex/counters.htm