Am 09.11.2011 um 02:22 schrieb Xu Wang:

> I'm considering using LyX's built-in version control support. Are there any
> drawbacks to using it? Do most people use it? What is the most popular
> alternative?
>
> Note that I'm on Linux. I don't have familiarity with SVN but I've been
> meaning to learn it anyway for a while.

Please note that LyX's built-in version control uses RCS when registering a new
file for version control.
At least this step has to be done with external tools. I'm using a combination
of command line and LyX.
The daily business ("check-out", "check-in", "compare" and "revert", "browsing
the logs") is possible
with LyX's built-in capabilities. Start a repository from scratch and adding
documents and "children" or images
is better done with command line tools.

Please, consult the manual! It's described in the "Additional manual" (7.2 -
AFAIK).

Stephan