On 08/11/2011 10:23 PM, Alan Greene wrote:
Hi All,

I'm trying to adapt a University of Chicago LyX dissertation template to
my particular citation needs and have found that while it accepts
different bibtex styles, it usually outputs the bibliography without
many of the expected indentations and line breaks specified by each
style. The template, related files, and example outputs are attached.

Thanks for any assistance!
Alan Greene

Hi,

In your preamble, you redefine \thebibliography. I would look there for the issues you are seeing. In particular, you define \newblock there, which would overwrite a definition coming from the style file, in case it provides one.

Is the redefinition there because you need a special formatting of the title or headers for the bibliography? If this is the sole purpose, you might be better off removing the whole redefinition of \thebibliography. If you need special formatting for the title of the bibliography, there are packages dedicated to this task which should not interfere with the formatting within the bibliography.

Cheers,
Julien