On 11/18/2011 05:41 PM, Alan L Tyree wrote:
> On 18/11/11 04:41:57, Steve Litt wrote:
>>
>> Oh, one more thing. I'm now using LyX to author Kindle books -- no
>> PDF
>>
>> involved anywhere. It goes like this:
>>
>> LyX->eLyXer->metadata tweaks->Kindlegen->Upload
>>
>> But LyX is such a great editor, and so styles adherant, that it was
>> the obvious choice. I tried editing eBooks in Sigil for a little
>> while, but that was a migration to Pity City.
>>
>> LyX is a GREAT editor.
> Steve & others,
> I found these comments to be very interesting. LyX is a great editor,
> and it seems that it is moving gradually away from its roots as a LaTeX
> "front end".
>
> How much effort would it be to incorporate the "metadata tweaks"
> directly into the LyX document? It would mean that LyX could become a
> major method of writing eBooks.

I would expect that allowing direct entry of appropriate metadata within
LyX, and then using LyX's own XHTML export routine, would be fairly
simple to do.

Rob Oakes has also been using LyX for epubs, so there is interest in
moving LyX further in that direction. It's just a matter of enough
people getting involved....

Richard