Dear all,

I have been using MikTeX 2.8 and has recently upgraded to MikTeX 2.9. To
 ensure my LyX (2.0) runs smoothly I uninstalled that and reinstalled
the latest version (2.0.2), pointing it to my latest MikTex
installation. However, when I use it to compile my document (Ctrl+R) a
message box appears immediately saying that "The directory path to the
document cannot contain spaces", an error that I have never encountered
before. Yes I know my directory contains spaces but it worked fine
before I did all these changes. Moving my file somewhere else works, but
 certainly it will be too troublesome to do that every time. Furthermore
 my directory is something like "D:\My Documents\blahblahblah" and I
clearly cannot change "My Documents" to something else.

Is there an alternative method that can bypass this problem?

Thanks,
David