Running 2.0.2 with texlive-20110705 on Slackware-13.1.

  If I specify 'article' as the document class and try to preview the
compiled document (using my emacs keyboard layout ctrl-x, p) LyX comes up
with a ton of errors (including that type size \small is not found, that the
article class has already been defined, and more that make no sense to me.)

  However, if I change the class to 'article (more font sizes)' no errors
are generated when I preview or compile the document.

  This same situation occurred several months ago. I'll be happy to make the
latter class the default for all articles, but it seems to me that there's a
problem that ought to be fixed.

  I'll provide this short document as a .lyx file to anyone wanting to look
into the situation.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |   Integrity - Credibility - Innovation
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |    Helping Ensure Our Clients' Futures