Hi all,

I know this has popped up before as I've searched the list, but I'm still stumped. I only just started with LyX (v2.0.2 under Windows).

I inserted a .pdf image and am trying to view the output with pdflatex, i.e. View [PDF (pdflatex)], which gives me the above error. I get the same error when I try to export to pdf (File > Export > PDF (pdflatex)). Without the image, it views and exports the document just fine.

Digging into the issue a little, I notice that LyX is trying to convert the .pdf image into a .eps image.

Exporting the file to Latex (File > Export > Latex (pdflatex)) and then manually running "pdflatex myfile.tex" works just fine ...

pdflatex accepts .pdf images directly so why is LyX trying to convert it to .eps?

If I actually convert the pdf image into eps, and knowing pdflatex cannot accept eps images, does LyX actually converts pdf to eps and then back to pdf for pdflatex? That would be too silly ...

What am I missing?

Many thanks in advance,
Bogdan.