On 01/05/2012 04:33 AM, nomnex wrote:
On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 23:06:17 +0000
José Matos<jama...@lyx.org>  wrote:

# rpm -i
# http://jnovy.fedorapeople.org/texlive/packages.f15/texlive-release.noarch.rpm

The advantage of this approach is that it gives the most recent
texlive version.
Sorry for replying late. I am currently reading the LyX guides,
before to start a LaTex book. LyX is a great piece of software, and I
like it.

I am now aware that my question is not LyX related, but some
Fedora experienced users on the list might want to help with the issue:

I am a Fedora desktop user. The Fedora repository Texlive version is old
(2007), and some parts (modules?) are missing due to license problems,
among which: Japanese input "CJK", some fonts, etc.
Installing LyX from the repository install Texlive2007 as one of the
dependencies and everything works out of the box.

I am left with 2 choices:

a. As suggested by José Mato, installing the Fedora testing Texlive2011
version.

b. Installing the Texlive2011 ISO.

Method "A" would be the easiest, with my level of knowledge. However
reading the Fedora forum, it is not recommended [It is not a statement,
this is what I read, see url below] (I am not positive if the CJK module
(or Ptex ?) - and some Japanese document classes - are include with
this version. CJK is what I need most).

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=262135&mode=linear
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TeXLive

Method "B" might be optimal, but I am worry about dependencies
problems. The proper installation itself. And the latex front-end
software settings (I have installed LyX and Texmaker).
I've been using the TeXLive 2011 packages from jnovy for some time now. There were some weird font problems for a bit, but those got solved a while ago. I've seen none of the issues that people were complaining about on the forum (which was several months ago). The one issue you will have to deal with is that this repo splits everything up into about a zillion different packages. So, as you work, you will need to install packages as you need them. But this is easy, because you can just do things like:
    # sudo yum install 'tex(prettyref.sty)'
and that will install texlive-prettyref-2011. I.e., you don't have to know the package name, just the file name.

Richard