Hi,

I successfully create beamer presentations that contain individual slides that
have full-screen (background) images, with the following latex code:

{\usebackgroundtemplate {\includegraphics[bb=0bp 0bp 1024bp
666bp,width=1\paperwidth]{image}}
\begin{frame}[plain]~\end{frame} }

However, when using a ratio-maintained image that incidentally does not have the
same aspect as the slide size, I get a white strip for the uncovered part of the
slide. Adding \setbeamercolor to the preamble or to specific frames leaves the
frame that contains the \usebackgroundtemplate command unaffected.

How can one control the colour of the *remaining* "background for a frame that
uses the \usebackgroundtemplate command?

Many thanks!

Cheers, Sam