On Thu, 12 Jan 2012, Rich Shepard wrote:

 I've looked in TLC2 without finding the solution to splitting an inline
equation when it's in a table column. I have two long equations in a
2-column table and they make the table much too wide; it extends past the
text width on the right.

  I've given up and re-did the table as non-floating. I cannot use the
captionabove environment because LyX tells me that makes no sense. That
response makes no sense to me.

  I've not been able to use the rotate or lscape packages to turn this one
wide table 90 degrees. I would appreciate learning how to place a float
table within \being{sidewaystable} and \end{sidewaystable}, or
\being{landscape} and \end{landscape}.

  It's been a frustrating couple of hours reading the appropriate sections
of TLC2 and not getting it to work. Haven't had such recalcitrant issues
with LyX for many years.

Rich