On 01/12/2012 06:31 PM, Stephan Witt wrote:
Am 12.01.2012 um 08:46 schrieb Wolfgang Engelmann:

Am Donnerstag, 12. Januar 2012, 00:32:47 schrieb David L. Johnson:
On 01/11/2012 05:42 PM, Simon Cullen wrote:
Hello,
The spellchecker in Lyx is marking all strings which end with a
right-quotation marks as spelled incorrectly.  So the string: manifest

....will not get marked as incorrect, but the string: `manifest'
....will be marked incorrect. I have searched everywhere for a fix

for this irritating problem, but to no avail.  Any suggestions will be
appreciated.
This also occurs with hyphens; unhyphenated,  2 manifold   is considered
OK, but   2-manifold   is not.  It would be nice to be able to exclude
these punctuation marks from the spellchecker.  I use debian testing,
lyx-2.02.
I found it easier to use the feature where the words unknown to the
spellchecker are underlined in the text in red, since in my case there are
many scientific names or dash-combined names.
Sorry, I cannot reproduce the "2-manifold" problem. For the quotes it makes
a difference how I've entered the quotation marks. (See the screenshot below.)
The first one are real quotes. The second simple quote key strokes.

The suggestion would be to use "Insert->Special Character->Single Quote" or the
short cut given there.
It depends on how the "2" is entered, and I did not make that clear. I usually write things like n-manifold ("n" being the dimension), but the n is in math-mode (which is the proper way). I am so much in that habit that I enter the 2 in math-mode as well.

--

David L. Johnson

Accept risk.  Accept responsibility.  Put a lawyer out of business.