Hello,

I'm using Lyx 2.0.2 on Windows.

My document class is "book." Chapter 2 has six footnotes, all handled
smoothly.

Chapter 4 has a single footnote. To my surprise, though, Lyx has numbered
it "foot 1" (rather than the expected and desired "foot 7").

As best as I can determine from the documentation, the sequence of
footnotes should have continued. It should not have reset to foot 1.

The footnote renumbering persisted after I changed the class to "book
(memoir)." I ported the document to a Mac and the same numbering was
exhibited on that platform.

I'm stumped re both the cause and how to correct the behavior. I'd be very
grateful for any advice you can offer.

Many thanks,

Harold