On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 6:52 PM, Paul A. Rubin <ru...@msu.edu> wrote:
> Gerhardus Geldenhuis <gerhardus.geldenhuis <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Hi
>> I have the following reference in my reference file which is used by BibText
> bibliography:
> [...]
>>       url =
>> "http://serc.carleton.edu/research_education/geochemsheets/browse.html";
>>
>> Whenever I add the url I get the following error when trying to render a pdf
> version of the document.
>>

>> ts/browse.html}
>>
>> I've inserted a begin-math/end-math symbol since I think
>> you left one out. Proceed, with fingers crossed.
>>

>> How can I convince the renderer to ignore the url?
>
> The culprit is the underscore in the URL.  Try changing it to
>
> url = "http://serc.carleton.edu/research\_education/geochemsheets/browse.html";
>
> in the BibTeX file and see if that fixes things.

Or: add
\usepackage{url}

in your preamble and wrap the url in the \url command in your .bib reference:

url =
{\url{http://serc.carleton.edu/research_education/geochemsheets/browse.html}}

(This is what I do when I use BibTeX)

Stefano

Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies            Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA

stef...@tamu.edu
http://stefano.cleinias.org