Am Dienstag, 7. Februar 2012, 22:33:48 schrieb Julien Rioux:

> I don't know but you have \mu inside of \mathrm, maybe this is the
> issue?

Thanks, Julien

for your suggestion. I had given up the hope to get an answer. You seem to
be a soul-engeneer answering those poor guys who answer such complicated
questions that nobody dares to respond to. I appreciate it!

But,
here we go:

I am trying now to understand better the math stuff of LyX by reading
Mathlyx in the help of LyX.

Trying to export Mathlyx to pdf I have downloaded the file (since it is
write protected).
For Mathlyx export it says:
To export this document to PDF, PS or DVI the LaTeX-packages braket,
cancel, eurosym, mathdots, mhchem and was should be installed.

I included those in the preamble, but get

! LaTeX Error: File `was.sty' not found.
Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)
Enter file name:
! Emergency stop.
<read *>
l.182 ^^M
*** (cannot \read from terminal in nonstop modes)

I am using texlife 2011

which has under

/tex/latex/was

as a directory

with the styles
fixmath gensymb icomma and upgreek

should there be in this directory also a was-style?
Is it missing in texlife 2011?
Or should I include the styles
fixmath gensymb icomma and upgreek
as usepackages in the preamble instead?