On 2012-02-15, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

>> I thought LuaTeX could use encdings other than utf8. Is utf8 the
>> default? And does it use the same packages as XeTeX?

> LuaTeX can use other encodings, but not with non-tex fonts.

Are you sure. I'd think that with "luainputenc" there would be no limitation
of the input encoding to utf8. Of course, with non-tex fonts the *font
encoding* is Unicode.

> So if
> \use_non_tex_fonts is true (this is what you want to check for,
> right?), the encoding of the file must be utf8.

This might be a LyX limitation. However this is about tex2lyx, so we would
check for \usepackage{fontenc} or \usepackage{xunicode}.

I propose to also check for

> \usepackage[<enc>]{luainputenc}

Günter