On 02/23/2012 12:22 AM, Art Edwards wrote:

I'm wondering whether others have had this error in natty (ubuntu)

Due to some error in it, the layout file:

AGU-article

could not be loaded. A default textclass with default

layouts will be used. LyX will not be able to produce

correct output.

Please run LyX from a terminal. You will get more detailed error messages. Then we can figure out what's wrong.

Also, when I try to open a REVTeX4 template, I get

The selected document class

true

requires external files that are not available.

The document class can still be used, but the

document cannot be compiled until the following

prerequisites are installed:

revtex

See section 3.1.2.2 (Class Availability) of the

User's Guide for more information.

This is normal: You don't have the revtex class installed.

Richard