Am 25.02.2012 um 05:57 schrieb Sajjad:

> I compiled both qt and lyx from source. The installation instructions for qt
> did not mention anything about this issue and it is working fine.
>
> Is there any way to send the parameter while configuring lyx so that the
> compilation is done against the 32 -bit instead ?

Why did you compile Qt form source? Didn't you have it already installed?
I think it's better to use the system Qt and install the missing developer
package if needed.
You have to be sure to provide the correct version of Qt at runtime if you want
to use your own package.
To verify that you may use "ldd /path/to/lyx" to check what Qt-libraries are
linked at run time.
Perhaps you have to adjust your LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable accordingly.

Stephan