On Mar 8, 2012, at 6:56 AM, BH wrote:

> I'm very interested in this -- thanks for undertaking the project.
> However, I can't even get it started. On Mac (10.6.8), calling
> word2lyx from the Terminal, I get the following:
>
>> ./word2lyx.py ./Example-Word2LyX.docx test.lyx

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "./word2lyx.py", line 13, in <module>
>    from docx import read as docxread
>  File "/Users/bennett/Downloads/word2lyx/docx/read.py", line 10, in <module>
>    from parser import ElementTree as etree
>  File "/Users/bennett/Downloads/word2lyx/docx/parser.py", line 13, in <module>
>    class etree_element(ElementTree.Element):
> TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
>    function() argument 1 must be code, not str

No, I think that the problem may be due to the version that you are using. Snow
Leopard uses Python 2.6, whereas I tested it against Python 2.7 (which can be
found in Lion and in most Linux distributions). The problem is how I'm
importing the XML module and needs to be reworked.

I'll get to this a little bit later today and post a fix as soon as I can.

Cheers,

Rob