On 03/08/2012 06:24 AM, Bieniasz wrote:

Hi,

I need to put into the text a vertical line character: |
How to do this in LyX? The character is seen correctly while editing,
but when I convert the text to pdf, then I see a horizontal line instead of
the vertical one.

It certainly does not do that for me. Send or post a small example file. This is somehow language-dependent, I guess. You can force it to work by going to math-mode and selecting the vertical line from the menu. This should of course avoid language issues, but there should be a better way.

--

David L. Johnson

Deserves death!  I daresay he does.  Many that live deserve death.
And some that die deserve life.  Can you give it to them?  Then do not
be too eager to deal out death in judgement.
                -- J. R. R. Tolkein