On 05/03/2012 12:12 PM, Barger, Carla wrote:
Hi,

Lyx 2.0.3
MS Windows 7 (Ultimate)

I'm trying to import into lyx from tex.   The dialog box says that the tex2lyx
command failed but did not say anything further.  As it happens, it failed
because python was not installed.  It would be nice if the dialog box had
further information.

Carla Barger
Faculty Assistant, Faculty Services
Chicago Booth
5807 South Woodlawn Avenue
Suite 422
Chicago, IL 60637

Voice  773.702.0415 | Email
carla.bar...@chicagobooth.edu<mailto:carla.bar...@chicagobooth.edu>

Visit us at www.ChicagoBooth.edu<http://www.chicagobooth.edu/>

Hi,
You can get further information from the "Progress/Debug Messages" panel that you can open using the menu View > View Messages. It is rather strange that the LyX installer for windows would not install python, so if you could provide more information here, we could perhaps fix a problem in the installer. Which installer did you use?

Regards,
Julien