On 03/15/2012 05:35 AM, Bieniasz wrote:

Well, this is what I want to have, but I don't see any predefined option for
creating such "large brackets, blank on the left, } on the right" in LyX.
There is only an option for double braces "{ }" in the equation editor of LyX.
Please tell me how to create it.

When in math mode on that same menu bar that shows the {}, there is another choice with [ ] (and a smaller rectangle inside). Click on that and you get a popup menu with lots of choices for right and left side delimiters. Alternately, go to Insert > Math > Delimiters. Be sure to uncheck the "keep matched" option, and choose for the left, {, and for the right, (None).

--

David L. Johnson

Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics, I can assure you
that mine are all greater.
                -- A. Einstein